Goose and Gander
Located in downtown St. Helena, the Goose and Gander is located in a California craftsman bungalow-style house and has a rich local history having been built by Walter Martini, a retired opera singer who performed with Enrico Caruso on several occasions. Martini and his wife Dionisia moved to St. Helena after the 1906 San Francisco earthquake and later bought the William Tell Hotel across the street, now a National Historic Register property. Martini subsequently entered the more lucrative business of bootlegging wine and remnants of this operation were later found in his home’s basement. When the new owner, Andy Florsheim, took over the restaurant it required a remodel and outside seating area addition. The scope of work entailed a design build, 3,000sf interior improvement, which included the restoration of the original porch entry way, upstairs dining room remodel along with the downstairs cocktail-pub. The intent was to have a rich and classic ambiance. They have a seasonally driven menu and retro-fresh libations; a perfect place for locals and visitors to enjoy what they call a ‘wine country public house.
Restaurant, Interior Remodel